22 August 2013

Why I’ve Gone Missing in the Blogosphere Part 1


I’m looking at the date of last post I’ve written. Ghad, has it been that long? Did anyone miss me? Hahaha...

So, what’s been keeping me MIA all those months?


My fitness frenzy

I’ve been on over four different fitness routines and so far, the results are, well, not so good. No injuries though, not just enough positive results.

Boxing

And I'm feeling so fly like a G6
I’m taking boxing lessons in Metro Sports. It’s effective because it’s so exhausting. I couldn’t even finish the last set of the program! The first month was challenging, the next was slowly getting boring. 

How much? It’s P2,000 a month, but lucky for me, I paid an annual fee of P7,000. Not a bad deal, indeed! I have until December to take advantage of boxing.

What’s the problem? Because of too much exhaustion, I feel less excited going to the gym. My knuckles hurt and my hands smell weird (because I didn’t buy my own set of gloves--my fault!).

Gym

If only the treadmill area was always this empty
Like boxing, gym became routine. I usually ran for 3 miles each visit, then worked on my tummy area. 

How much? The gym use is included in my annual boxing fee. I don’t pay for extra.

What’s the problem? Unlike the picture, the treadmills are taken on most times, and I’m stuck to waiting for my turn. Also, I lack motivation. I think I need a gym partner.

Swimming

Hello, old friend!
After a 8-month long hiatus from the pool, I’m back again folks! This time, with a vengeance. I finally learned the proper form for freestyle, thanks to the awesome trainer. Yay! I’m trying to reach 10 laps at the big pool (as a beginner), but I’m still up to 5 for now. Another great thing about it is that my friend Brenda swims with me too. Plus points for motivation. Not to mention the swimmer guys with abs...

How much? For the Abellana pool, P30 during daytime and P40 at nighttime. I don’t pay my trainer anything, just a cup of coffee after the swim!

What’s the problem? None! Oh, maybe the lack of facilities. I swim in Abellana every Monday morning. At times, they unexpectedly close the pool for general cleaning, special events, etc. 

Yoga

Jane, Stacy and I
For many months, I was hesitant (for reasons I refuse to disclose). But finally, after hearing my two college friends’ interest, I was in. And boy was I in for a ride. Yoga is really de-stressing and not that all exhausting. It makes me sweat a lot, and gives me extra time to bond with my friends.

How much? For only P50 (not included in my annual boxing fee), I get an hour of yoga. Sessions are on Tuesdays and Fridays, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Metrosports.

What’s the problem? Hmmm, maybe a lack of healthy dining options after the session? Sometimes (which is a LOT of times), my friends and I end up eating more calories than we burned. hahaha



What’s the REAL Problem? 

It all boils down to PATIENCE. I’m not patient enough. When the hype of a new sport is gone (which is like 1 month), and I don’t lose any pounds or fit into my smaller clothes, I get disappointed and lose focus. What happens next is I eat my sorrows away and get back all the pounds I lost. 

But after reading this, 


I realized that PATIENCE is key. Soooo... wish me luck!


But that’s not all I’ve been doing for the past months! Look out for part 2 of this series. :)