29 February 2016

Rustic Post-Wedding Party with College Friends

Since Jude and I weren't able to invite my college friends to our very small wedding, we decided to celebrate with them on the Saturday of the same week. We called it a post-wedding dinner party.


I found cute and customizable Save-the-Date cards while browsing various wedding blogs. That's when I decided I wanted this to be a rustic-themed event.

 

From then on, I've been sparing some time making DIY accents for the party. Not so many though, because of the time constraint. These are what I've come up with. 


We booked Bintana as our venue, which was the perfect place for a handcrafted, rustic theme. Sarah and her mom were very accommodating and helpful. They only asked for 3 thousand for 3 hours, which was consumable. They even gave us a few hours ahead of schedule to put up decors, lights, flowers and other details.


I like how our post-wedding dinner turned out. It was like one big family dinner, with a little extra decoration of course. 



Cake is still from Jane of Yoyi's Pastries and Desserts. She nailed the naked cake on her first try!


While there were a few things I wish I changed (table setting, etc.), I had the time of my life. There's nothing like spending time with these people-- laughter, sarcasm, snarky comments and all. I love you guys! Thanks for coming...and for the gifts, too!

xx,


Some photos were grabbed from Jessa Ducao's facebook. :P